Sunday, May 17, 2009

Procrastination has to be one of the biggest downfalls of mankind. I had very lofty goals of being ready to move way ahead of time so I would be less stressed out. It's the thought that counts, right? We have been slowly getting rid of all our crap, but the process of going through our apartment has been going turtle-paced at best. We have come to the conclusion that in addition to our luggage, we will only need to ship 3 boxes. At $150/box, it's probably best we only have 3. I have succeeded in buying a few of the small appliances and toiletries I listed previously; unfortunately, it doesn't really feel like I am moving yet, so I can't really get on the ball. I guess my lot in life is to be a chronic procrastinator...

Adamo has been in Brazil the last week or so looking at different cities. He will be back next Saturday, so we shall see if he finds a paradise for us to relocate to. Otherwise, we will be in the great metropolis of Sao Paulo. When we first decided to move, I was pretty ok with being in Sao Paulo; but now, when I really think about it, a city on the beach seems so much more pleasant! Currently, Adamo is looking at Joao Pessoa. If that is not to our liking, a lesser known city named Maceio is another option. I can't help but thinking I am getting the short end of the stick in this deal. I am working and taking care of two kids while Adamo is on the beach in Brazil?!?!

Joao Pessoa, Brazil


On another note (and a more expensive one), I'm looking to buy a new laptop. Since I will no longer be an employee of the school district, I will have to give the MacBook back. It's a little bitter sweet; I have decided definitely never to own an Apple, but I have to admit, the programs on Apples are pretty awesome. I will miss KeyNote and Inspiration the most; they have been my saviors in the classroom! I am hoping Memorial Day will bring lots of low priced sales, since I can't afford anything too pricey. If anyone sees a must-have deal, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment